This photo – taken about 1917 – shows the interior of J.A. Gutzler’s creamery and ice cream plant.
The plant was first operated where the Standard Oil tanks are now located (IN 1962). Later the building was moved to the site now occupied by Ernie’s Grocery at 213 West Third Street. ( Does anyone know Ernie’s last name??)
The fellows in the picture are, at left Howard Kimball, the buttermaker, who supplied us with this photo, and Cecil Tooley, then a school boy who worked part time at the plant.
This remember when series originally appeared in 1962 in the Park Rapids Enterprise.
Please join us for the Annual Meeting on October 29, 2012. Elections will be held. Refreshments will be served. The meeting will be held in the lower level of the new courthouse at 7PM. Everyone is welcome!